Director, Corporate Services
The Operations Officer will oversee and provide administrative support services to the AATF Kenya office.
S/he will be accountable for protocol services, general office administration, lease management, inventory, assets management, and transport & travel services and implement systems to ensure the integrity, smooth running, and effective performance of administrative services.
S/he will supervise the activities of the Office Assistant/Driver working in the Nairobi office and provide support to the Abuja Office administrative staff. S/he will work closely with the Corporate Services Director and will proactively identify gaps and make suggestions for improvement in the administration department.
Duties & responsibilities
- Provide oversight over AATF Kenya office administrative operations i.e., Office Management, Inventory & Asset management, transport & travel, facilities, and utilities, etc.
- Facilitate issuance and renewal of re-entry permits registration of motor vehicles for AATF and internationally recruited staff, acquisition, and renewal of their diplomatic identity cards
- Liaise with Diplomatic Missions on all consular matters i.e., visas, referred visas, extensions, etc.
- Liaise with appropriate Government offices on matters to do with customs, importation/exportation approvals, and immigration services
- Advise AATF staff on issues related to visas, importation of goods, privileges/immunities we are entitled to, and necessary immigration procedures
- Work closely with the Corporate Services Director to review and regularly update policies and ensure compliance with policies, statutory requirements, and guidelines within the section.
- Establish administrative systems and provide guidance on implementation for smooth office operations
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures for the Administration department
- Develop innovative and efficient ways of administrative operations with a focus on cost-cutting
- Ensure efficient operation of the fleet management system and maintenance of vehicles. Ensure safe custody of and transport-related records and vehicle registration documentation
- Coordinate transport management by providing fuel and vehicle maintenance analysis and approval of the taxi invoices
- Coordinate office leases management and tracking
- Coordinate taxis ground transport and local travel
- Review hotel invoices for office meetings/functions
- Provide operations support to field offices in systems update, policy guidelines, operations, leasing of offices to ensure standards and uniform application of AATF policies.
- Coordinate the physical assets inventory check of Nairobi & Abuja office assets on an annual basis and ensure the asset register is updated regularly.
- Responsible for establishing and implementing a stores disposal plan for obsolete items
- Coordinate and oversee imports shipment, tracking, paperwork, and receipts
- Assume other responsibilities as assigned.
- University degree in business related field or relevant business studies
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar capacity.
- Expert in one or several of the operations functions e.g., Office management, Protocol, Stores management, Transport, and logistics management
- Ability to communicate effectively and to confidently engage with senior management instilling trust and confidence
- BCE driving permit /license
Key skills & competencies
- Experience working in a busy office, especially with an international organization
- Proficient in Computer skills including demonstrated hands-on experience with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS ACCESS, and MS Excel.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
- A broad variety of administrative and office management skills
- Trustworthy with a track record of impeccable integrity
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines.
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible & dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a pleasant and outgoing personality
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Be willing to take on extra responsibilities in order to achieve the goals/objectives set by the organization
Submission of Applications
Qualified candidates are invited to send their applications on or before 2 December 2022 to aatf- email@example.com and clearly indicate on the email subject Operations Officer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
AATF is an equal opportunity employer; committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds and any other diversity groups to apply and become a part of our organization.