1.0 Background and Context
1.1 About the Task
AATF is seeking the services of four (4) individual consultants to provide Rapporteur Services during the African Conference on Agricultural Technologies (ACAT) to be held on 31 October – 04 November 2023.
1.2 Brief Description of AATF
AATF is a not-for-profit organisation with a mission of making available, to smallholder farmers, agricultural technologies that were previously not accessible to them. Founded on the premise of tackling poverty and food insecurity through technological interventions, AATF empowers farmers to transform their livelihoods by equipping them with better tools and inputs that would, without the organisation’s intervention, take a much longer time to reach them and cost a lot more. These efforts, combined with optimal agricultural practices and product value addition, will contribute to agricultural transformation in Africa leading food security and poverty reduction in sub–Saharan Africa
1.3 About the Africa Conference on Agricultural Technology (ACAT)
The African Conference on Agricultural Technology (ACAT) is a regular recurrent forum for showcasing new and emerging agricultural technologies in Africa to boost technology commercialization, adoption, and diffusion. The forum will be held every two years starting in 2023.
The objectives of the forum will be to: (a) provide a continent-wide platform for technology developers to showcase their products and innovations applicable in the agricultural sector to potential users and policymakers; (b) promote networking, collaboration, and knowledge sharing among all stakeholders in the Agricultural space (Private sector, Farmers, NGOs, Regulators and Policy Makers) on agricultural technologies and innovations; (c) raise visibility on issues of concern around innovative technology access and delivery among top leadership on the continent including policy makers for their information and to guide decision making.
2.0 Purpose and Objectives of the Consultancy:
The main objective of the assignment is to provide professional rapporteur services during the five (5) days of the event. Specifically, the consultant will be expected to:
- Review all the relevant conference materials including programmes, rapporteur guides, report outlines, presentations to ensure adequate understanding and preparation for the rapporteur.
- Consult with the rapporteur and reporting committee to receive the necessary briefing.
- Attending all the sessions assigned by the rapporteur and reporting committee and taking notes accurately and comprehensively as per the rapporteur guide.
- Compile daily session reports and submit the same to the rapporteur and reporting committee.
- Compile a comprehensive overall conference report based on the daily rapporteur session reports.
- Duly filled rapporteur templates for each session.
- Daily rapporteur reports.
- Final conference report, be prepared jointly by all rapporteurs.
4.0 Indicative Schedule of Activities:
The task is expected to be undertaken during the ACAT Conference, 31 October – 4th November 2023. An additional day will be allowed for compiling the final report.
5.0 Contract and Reporting Details:
Type of contract: The consultant will be offered a fixed-price contract to include all the activities and deliverables listed above.
Reporting. The consultant will report to the Rapporteur and Reporting Committee for all issues related to the task.
6.0 Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
The individual consultant will be expected to have a combination of the following academic and technical capabilities, experience, and competencies in order to deliver on the assignment.
- At least a master’s degree, in Agricultural Sciences, Communication, or any relevant discipline.
- Proven experience in facilitating and/or rapporteur in a similar event.
- Demonstrated understanding of the African Agricultural landscape and especially issues around agricultural technologies.
- High degree of independence, flexibility, and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good references for reliability, dedication, and an ability to work unsupervised; and
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and reporting skills.
- Evidence of publication in a reputable refereed scientific journal is desirable.
7.0 Remuneration and other benefits:
A lumpsum consultancy fees shall be paid to suitable candidate for the task described. No additional benefits or per diems will be paid to the consultant. The Consultant will also be responsible for his/her own health insurance and accommodation costs where relevant.
8.0 Terms of Payment:
The consultants will be in installments as follows:
- 25% at the start of the assignment
- 75 % at the completion of the assignment, and submission of all the deliverables to the rapporteur and reporting committee.
9.0 Application Criteria:
Interested consultants should submit a detailed proposal (not more than 3 pages) covering:
- Short overview of how the candidate meets the qualifications, experience and skills requirements (no more than one page)
- Demonstrated understanding of the terms of reference
- Description of the proposed approach
- Profile of the consultant and Curriculum Vitae.
- Samples of two most recent related works (and/or references for the same with contact details of the referees.
- A brief financial proposal expressing the expected fees per day.
10. Application Submission:
Interested applicants should send their Proposal together with other supporting documents to the Procurement Officer through; firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th August 2023 at 17:00 Hrs., East African Time. Clearly indicate ACAT Rapporteur in the subject line of the email.
11. Terms and conditions of the proposal
AATF reserves the right to request new or additional information regarding each service provider and any individual or other persons associated with its project proposal. AATF reserves the right not to make any appointment from the proposals submitted.
Service providers shall not make available or disclose details pertaining to their Project proposal with anyone not specifically involved unless authorized to do so by AATF. Service providers shall not issue any press release or other public announcement pertaining to details of their project proposal without prior written approval.
AATF Service providers are required to declare any conflict of interest they may have in the transaction for which the tender is submitted or any potential conflict of interest. AATF reserves the right not to consider further any proposal where such a conflict of interest exists or where such potential conflict of interest may arise
12. Confidentiality statement
All data and information received from AATF for the purpose of this assignment are to be treated confidential and are only to be used in connection with the execution of these Terms of Reference. All intellectual property rights arising from the execution of these Terms of Reference are assigned to AATF.