The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is an international not-for-profit organization designed to facilitate and promote public/private partnerships for the access and delivery of royalty-free proprietary technologies that meet the needs of resource-poor smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Through its catalytic and facilitative role, AATF acts as the neutral intermediary and responsible party between owners and/or holders of proprietary technologies and those that need them to promote food security and enhance livelihoods for smallholder farmers in SSA. AATF was incorporated in the UK in January 2003, in Kenya on April 2003 (Headquarters) and in Nigeria in October 2009. It was also registered as a charity under the laws of England and Wales in January 2005.
1. Reporting Line:
The Agency will report to the Head, Human Resources.
2. Objective of the assignment
- Advertisement of:
- Procurement Manager,
- ICT Manager,
- Financial Controller,
- Program Finance and Grants Manager,
- Business Support Services Manager
- Screening of candidates according to laid down criteria.
- Initial interviews for the various position
- Facilitation of final interviews with AATF
- Reference check for the various position
- Facilitation of regret letters to the unsuccessful candidates
3. Scope of Service
- To facilitate advertisement sourcing, screening, assessment, interview facilitation, and recruitment of various positions.
- The consultants are expected to design this process and to assign time frames.
4. Proposal Submission Guideline:
The proposal should demonstrate sound knowledge, technical skills, and capability as required by the nature of the work of the assignment and understanding of the requisite tasks outlined in the terms of reference.
Eligible Agencies should submit technical and financial proposals. The financial proposal should quote consultancy fees and administration costs. Proposals should also include inter alia:
- Statement of relevant experience i.e. similar assignments executed in/under execution in the last five years;
- Propose separate fees for each of the recruitment processes as listed below:
- Complete Recruitment Service (Starting from vacancy advert through to final interviews)
- Partial Recruitment Service (for example – only conducting personality & psychometric tests, other non-technical written tests or interviews, etc.)
5. Requirements for the successful candidate:
The recruitment agency must meet the following specifications:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the HR consulting field mainly in recruitment and selection, preferably working in/with INGOs
- Specific experience of the Lead Consultant and Associate(s) relevant to the assignment. Please provide details of similar assignments undertaken.
- Technical capacity of three consultants in terms of their qualifications and competencies for the assignment. Please attach detailed CVs.
- Clear understanding of the assignment/interpretation of the TORs
- Designated personnel should possess ;
- An advanced degree in Human Resources Management or a related subject
- Extensive knowledge of local and international labor laws, acts, regulations and procedures
- Strong IT skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible, creative, detail-oriented, and well organized
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality and professionalism and sound judgment.
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills; and
- Methodology to be used during the assignment.
- Work plan clearly indicating the maximum time/duration required for the assignment.
6. Financial Proposal
- Clear breakdown of the financial proposal including all the chargeable taxes.
- Terms of payment
- Total quote for the assignment
7. Expected Outcomes
- Qualified candidates
- Initial screening of potential candidates
- Recruitment reports for the position.
- Reference/background checks of candidates
- Placement of best candidates
8. Submission of proposal to offer services.
This will include:
- The organization detailed profile
- A listing of organizations where similar service is being/has been offered
- CVs of key personnel in the firm
- CVs of key consultants for this task
9. Proposal Submission Deadline
Completed proposals including all the requirements and details specified should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th January 2024.
10. Terms and conditions of the proposal
AATF reserves the right to request new or additional information regarding each service provider and any individual or other persons associated with its project proposal.
AATF reserves the right not to make any appointment from the proposals submitted. Service providers shall not make available or disclose details pertaining to their Project proposal with anyone not specifically involved, unless authorized to do so by AATF. Service providers shall not issue any press release or other public announcement pertaining to details of their project proposal without prior written approval.
AATF Service providers are required to declare any conflict of interest they may have in the transaction for which the tender is submitted or any potential conflict of interest. AATF reserves the right not to consider further any proposal where such a conflict of interest exists or where such potential conflict of interest may arise.
11. Confidentiality Statement
All data and information received from AATF for the purpose of this assignment are to be treated confidential and are only to be used in connection with the execution of these Terms of Reference. All intellectual property rights arising from the execution of these Terms of Reference are assigned to AATF.