AATF is a not-for-profit organisation that facilitates and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa. It is headquartered in Nairobi, and its mandate covers Sub-Saharan Africa.
AATF needs to develop a website for the Alliance for Hybrid Rice in Africa (AHyRA) to run as a sub-site to https://www.aatf-africa.org/.
AHyRA is a public-private partnership (PPP) that seeks to promote wide development and dissemination of quality, high yielding and well-adapted rice hybrids in Africa, develop delivery and commercialized pathways to impact the lives of rice farmers and other stakeholders through the extensive use of the technologies in SSA. The alliance will use digital agriculture platforms to galvanize trade and investment in hybrid rice seed by creating linkages along the rice value chain.
The candidate should have:
- Thorough knowledge of web design and at least five years’ experience proven through a verifiable portfolio
- A good understanding of user experience, user-interface design principles
- Excellent skills in conceptual and graphic design
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication
The consultant will be required to:
- Perform a requirement analysis.
- Present an appealing website with ability to support different content, colours, typographies, languages, easy to navigate (devoid of silos) and responsive to various platforms.
- Develop the website on WordPress. The website should:
- be scalable
- be dynamic
- include an effective search system
- integrated to AATF social media platforms
- include a solid security plan against hacking
- be linked to Google analytics
- robust but light with minimal response times
- Meet frequently with AATF staff to present reports on progress as per agreed timeframe
- Deploy website on AATF’s platform
- Optimise for all browsers and devices
- Transfer all relevant material from old website to new site
- Develop a user guide, complete with a robust troubleshooting guideline
- Train relevant AATF staff
1. Understanding of the assignment and scope of work
2. Proposed implementation methodology/approach
3. Proposed website prototype
5. Implementation schedule
6. Company profile
7. Samples of similar work done (preferably recent) and reference contacts for the projects
Terms and conditions of the proposal:
- AATF reserves the right to request new or additional information regarding each service provider and any individual or other persons associated with its project proposal.
- AATF reserves the right not to make any appointment from the proposals submitted. Service providers shall not make available or disclose details pertaining to their project proposal with anyone not specifically involved, unless authorized to do so by AATF.
- Service providers shall not issue any press release or other public announcement pertaining to details of their project proposal without the prior written approval of AATF.
- AATF service providers are required to declare any conflict of interest they may have in the transaction for which the tender is submitted or any potential conflict of interest. AATF reserves the right not to consider further any proposal where such a conflict of interest exists or where such potential conflict of interest may arise.
Dateline for implementation
Your preliminary proposal, date plan and cost estimates, clearly marked Recruitment of Website Development Consultant, should be addressed to Procurement Officer, AATF c/o ILRI, Kabete Campus, Old Naivasha Road, Nairobi by email at email@example.com by 27 September 2019.
All data and information received from AATF for the purpose of this assignment are to be treated confidentially and are only to be used in connection with the execution of these Terms of Reference. All intellectual property rights arising from the execution of these Terms of Reference are assigned to AATF.